Four Seasons Health Care seeks excellence in every aspect of its business and recognises the importance of good environmental practice. We are committed to improving further our environmental performance by setting and achieving a number of environmental objectives and targets.
With specific regard to Carbon Reduction, Four Seasons Health Care is committed to reducing its own carbon footprint by at least 15% by 2015.
To back up this commitment the group launched an Energy Efficiency Campaign in October 2010 with an initial investment value of c£2.5 million to achieve. The outcomes of this campaign are detailed in the achievements below.
In implementing the company commitment we will:
- Comply with relevant existing environmental regulations wherever we operate.
- Ensure that environmental considerations are integrated into our business decisions.
- Endeavour to minimise the consumption of resources within the buildings we occupy and consider the environmental impact of our operations, concentrating particularly on the use of energy, waste disposal, water discharges and land management.
- Promote awareness amongst our staff of the environmental impact of travel and to reduce the need wherever possible.
- Adopt a policy of ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ in our consumption of resources with sustainability being a key element especially within our administrative centers as well as, where applicable, our care home and hospital settings.
- To towards a paperless office by encouraging the use of the Intranet, e library and electronic versions of manuals and discouraging the need for paper copies of emails, policies and procedures.
- To encourage the use of e-procurement and e-tendering where possible and practical.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues in the acquisition, design and location of buildings, and applyUK Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (Breeam) standards for building specifications, features and construction wherever possible.
- Ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services as part of our commitment towards corporate responsibility in the supply chain.
- Regularly review our policies to ensure that they remain properly aligned to the need to reduce waste and encourage the most effective utilisation of scarce resources.
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental performance.