Welcome to Millbrow Care Home
You'll find Millbrow Care Home in Widnes, Cheshire. Here we offer different levels of care to suit a range of needs, from nursing and palliative care to short-term and respite care.
Our redecorated home is discreetly located in a residential area, close to the town centre, and has mature, established gardens.
Here residents are considered part of the family. We put their health and happiness at the heart of everything we do, and our dedicated team of nurses and carers actively encourage residents to take part in all decisions - contributing to everything from the way their rooms look to the therapies they receive.
Life at Millbrow Care Home
Our dedicated activity coordinator ensures each person living here has something stimulating and enjoyable to look forward to.
They encourage individual hobbies and interests, and make sure there are plenty of group activities too.
Handicrafts, gardening, quizzes, concerts and trips to local places are among the most popular.
Millbrow is currently under refurbishment, with a new management team and new staff who are making every effort to improve the well being of the residents. The residents relatives are being encouraged to be as involved as possible, which can only be a good practice for the future.
I would recommend Millbrow Care Home to others who are looking for a well run, reliable organisation. The staff are well trained in care skills, are friendly and are always on hand to help not only residents, but their families and other visitors.
More access to the garden with wheelchair friendly paths would be much better.
Parking spaces are a bit tight, and more improvements in the garden needed.
Excellent care home with very good staff, currently undergoing refurbishment to make it even better. I always feel welcome by all the staff, who are always willing to answer any questions with a smile. Managed very well and improving all of the time.
A much improved care home of late new management is enthusiastic and motivated. Care staff are friendly and caring. Improvements in décor are tasteful. I am happy that my mother is being looked after as she deserves.
This home had a very welcoming, friendly and caring atmosphere from the moment my husband was admitted on 26th February 2015. He has been well looked after since the moment he arrived. He is always clean and comfortable and very well cared for by all the lovely staff. I am very impressed with this homes high standards and the palliative care of my husband.
My father-in-law passed away on 27th April 2015, he was in the home eight weeks very sick with cancer, the staff were wonderful in there and Kelly the head sister and Emma, Tom and all the staff were wonderful with him. I would recommend this care home to anyone as the wonderful staff are a credit to the home.
Very good care provided for my mother who can be difficult, staff are hard working, kind and very friendly. Rooms are very clean and food is good.
I recently made a visit to Millbrow Care Home on a recommendation from a friend for a possible home for my mother. I was very unsure as i had heard of Millbrows colourful reputation, not good i thought. What a wonderful surprise and experience we had, we were greeted by a very pretty, pleasant and friendly young lady who turned out to be the home manager. We were given a show round which we didn't expect and were told this is welcomed and shows the home in it's true colours, YES IT DID wonderful, friendly, clean and happy. Every question we asked was answered in a positive transparent manner.
Types of care
This is for those who may need some help with daily activities such as eating, washing,...
People living with dementia have different needs, so either a residential or nursing care home...
Someone may need nursing care if they have a certain physical condition or difficulties. This...
Respite care, or short-stay care, means someone can stay at Millbrow Care Home whether...
End of life / palliative care
It's vital that everyone gets the right care and support at this important and sensitive time....
Facilities & services
Making care special is at the heart of Millbrow Care Home in Widnes. Our philosophy starts with getting to know each person as an individual and understanding what they need.
- All single rooms
- On site hairdressing
- Quiet lounge
- TV lounge
- Landscaped gardens
- Sensory gardens
- Flat screen TV in rooms
- Flat screen TV in lounge
- Personal telephone
21 Apr 2017
Seven Four Seasons Care Homes from across the UK have been awarded ‘Top 20 Recommended Homes’ awards by Carehome.co.uk.
The prestigious award highlight the most recommended care homes in each region of the UK and are based on thousands of reviews and recommendations received from residents, family and friends.
The 7 homes who received the awards are:
- Elm Bank Care Home in Hexham
- Wansbeck Care Home in Choppington
- Botham Hall Care Home in Huddersfield
- Balmoral View Care Centre in Belfast
- Clandeboye Care Home in Bangor
- Hawthorn House Care Home in Belfast
- Longfield Care Home in Eglinton
Tim Hammond, CEO of Four Seasons Health Care said: “I’m delighted that seven of our homes have received this award in their regions. To be named one of the ‘Top 20 Recommended Homes’ is a fantastic achievement, and goes to show the feedback were collection through our Quality of Life programme is being mirrored on a larger scale with the reviews we’re getting on carehome.co.uk. I want to encourage the homes to keep up all of the hard work, and continue providing good quality care everywhere.”
Visit Carehome.co.uk to read the reviews on all Four Seasons Care Homes.
20 Sep 2016
On Thursday 1st September Millbrow Care Home opened its doors to celebrate the grand opening of the newly built Activities Pavilion and Summer Fair.
The pavilion was built by Josh Mullin, one of the maintenance men at the home, who was ably assisted by resident Mr James Whimperley, who had the honour of cutting the ribbon. The Pavilion is for the use of residents, families and activities throughout the year.
Carmel O'Halleron, Home Manager, said: “The sun shone throughout the day to make it a fabulous day. Visitors enjoyed tombola, cake and table top stalls, face painting, drench the wench, hot dogs, ice cream and more. The day was topped off by two fantastic entertainers, Anaisa and Debbie Allen, who took to the stage and entertained with lots of music from all eras.
“We would like to thank everyone for their help, donations and support in making this such a special day for our residents. Over £600 was raised for the Resident Social Fund which will help us to provide them with special experiences.”
Are you looking for a care home in Widnes? Millbrow Care Home provides support for all types of care including residential care, dementia care, nursing care, respite care and end of life/palliative care.
17 Jun 2016
Today, Friday 17th June marks Care Home Day, an opportunity for Care Homes across the UK to open their doors to the local community. The theme for this year is celebration, with the biggest celebration of the year being the Queen’s 90th birthday.
“With this is mind we wanted to celebrate everyone turning 90 this year,” said CEO Tim Hammond. “We have over 680 residents celebrating their 90th birthday throughout the year, and I want to wish them all many happy returns.
“As part of our celebrations, we’ve had a chat with some of our residents and they in turn wanted to share their stories with you, showing how much things have changed over the last 90 years. Some of the stories are very interesting and I’d urge everyone to go and have a read of them.”
The 41 residents below all wanted to share a bit about themselves with you. They’ve also shared any memories they have of the Queen, with some having some interesting recollections.
- Asbourne Care Home in Dudley presents Edith Bennett
- Barrington Lodge Care Home in Bishop Auckland presents Malcolm Gregory
- Brandon Lodge Care Home in Brandon presents Marie Wilson
- Beechcare Care Home in Darrenth presents Catherine Papa
- Beechill Care Home in Belfast presents Betty Thompson
- Beech House Care Home in Barnton Upon Humber presents Emily Bramley
- Cardonald Care Home in Glasgow presents Lammigje McKinney
- Carnalea Care Home in Bangor presents Joan Leslie
- Chasedale Care Home in Blyth presents Robert Anderson
- Courtenay House Care Home in Kings Lynn presents Arthur John Fox
- Earlsferry House Care Home in Leven presents Alison McKay
- Gotton Manor Care Home in Taunton presents Doris Cronk
- Half Acre House Care Home in Radcliffe presents Eileen Christian
- Highfield Hall Care Home in Rossendale presents Frank West
- Hillside Lodge Care Home in Berwick Upon Tweed presents Ellen Patterson
- Hillside Lodge Care Home in Berwick Upon Tweed presents Jimmy Lowry
- Hilltop Manor Care Home in Tunstall presents Joyce Bloor
- Hollie Hill Care Home in County Durham presents Elizabeth Irving
- Hopes Green Care Home in Benfleet presents Gwendoline Stratford
- Ladymead Care Home in Swindon presents Iris Higgins
- Ladymead Care Home in Swindon presents Joan Keates
- Laurels Lodge Care Home in Aberdeen presents Elizabeth Mair
- Lisburn Care Home in County Antrim presents Letitia Mullholland
- Lydfords Care Home in Lewes presents Enid Shrimpton
- Lydfords Care Home in Lewes presents Evelyn Bannister
- Maple Lodge Care Home in Sunderland presents Alan Clark
- Maple Lodge Care Home in Sunderland presents Jane Naisby
- Millbrow Care Home in Widnes presents Francis Gee
- Park Farm Lodge Care Home in Tamworth presents Joan Halsall
- Park House Care Home in Northants present Edgar Boniface
- Pond Park Care Home in Lisburn present Raymond Lorimer
- The Cedars & Larches Care Home in Ilkeston presents Eva Harper
- The Cedars & Larches Care Home in Ilkeston presents Eva Weston
- The Court Care Home in Ballymoney presents Daniel Kane
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Doreen Watkins
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Jean McKears
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Peggy Evans
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Ivor Coles
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Ivy James
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Nancy Noble
- Woodcot Lodge Care Home in Gosport presents Joan Matthews
Contact our care home
If you'd like to arrange a visit to Millbrow Care Home in Widnes, or talk to us about our care options, please call, email, or fill in the contact form.
Mill Brow, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 6QT
0151 424 0186