Earlier this year we launched our very own Four Seasons Care Awards to celebrate and commend all of the hard work and dedication of our teams.
14 categories were created to recognise excellence in a variety of roles across the organisation ranging from ‘Carer/Support Worker of the Year’ to ‘Personal Activities Lead Champion’. The awards also recognised the dedication and commitment from our residents, their relatives and volunteers. Over 1,200 nominations were submitted by care home residents, colleagues and visitors and these were shortlisted to reveal our Regional Winners.
All of the Regional Winners attended the awards evening, and patiently waited to find out who would be crowned the National Champion in their shortlisted category.
The National Champions on the evening were:
- Our Values Champion of the Year – Natalie Hearne (Woodview Care Home)
- Support Team Member of the Year – Geoff Kelly (Lisburn Care Home)
- Personal Activities Lead Champion of the Year – Marlene Smith (Laurels Lodge Care Home)
- Care Home Assistant Practitioner of the Year – Alix Beerenbrock (Red Rose Care Home)
- Central Support Team Member of the Year – Sheena Walker (Learning and Development Scotland)
- Resident or Relative Contribution of the Year – Margaret Bell (Elizabeth Fleming Care Home)
- Volunteer of the Year – Jonathan Barber (North Court Care Home)
- Dementia Care Champion of the Year – Nanette Swan (Dene Grange)
- Specialist Services Champion of the Year – Mauro Magbitang (Holywood)
- Deputy Home Manager of the Year – Alfie Corvera (Lisburn Intermediate Care Home)
- Home Manager of the Year – Gail Starling (Warrior Park Care Home)
- Regional Manager of the Year – Lorraine Kirkpatrick (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Registered Nurse of the Year – Craig Priestly (Cameron House Care Home)
- Carer/Support Worker of the Year – Hollie Garrard (Bon Accord Care Home)
Tim Hammond, CEO of Four Seasons Health Care, said: “It was a really proud moment for me to see everyone at the awards ceremony. It was a fantastic way to celebrate all of their achievements and showcasing how they go above and beyond the call of duty every day. Everyone on the night was a winner in my eyes as they do their utmost to make a difference each and every day to the lives of their residents.”
The Care Awards were open to employees from all Four Seasons homes across the UK and central team members to celebrate their commitment in the delivery of high-quality services to approximately 14,000 residents cared for in more than 300 locations.
Date published: 15 September 2017