People embark on a career path because it’s something they love, they yearn to develop, grow and blossom in this profession.
Here at Four Seasons Care Assistant can up-skill themselves on the organisations Care Home Assistant Practitioners (CHAPs) programme.
On Monday 25th April , a graduation ceremony was held at Lingfield House in Darlington, celebrating the achievements of 20 newly qualified CHAPs.
Amanda Cunningham, North East Managing Director, said: “Here at Four Seasons we take great pride in our CHAPs programme, and everyone who undertakes the intense 12 week course. I want to congratulate all 20 of the CHAPs for graduating; your hard work and dedication have paid off.
“The programme is innovative and helps the CHAPs to provide invaluable support to the nurses in the homes.
“All the CHAPs have come through this long journey, and I want to reiterate that we all value you as a company, and thank you for your commitment. I also was to thank the mentors for their continuous help and support.
“By working together we can all help provide good quality care everywhere, ensuring resident get the service they deserve. Congratulations again to you all.”
The 15 homes benefiting from the CHAPs skills are:
- Dene Grange Care Home in Hexham
- Leagreen Court Care Home in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- The Oaks Care Home in Blyth
- Brockwell Care Home in Consett
- Hollie Hill Care Home in Stanley
- Barrington Lodge Care Home in Bishop Auckland
- Abigail Lodge Care Home in Consett
- Hillside Lodge Care Home in Berwick-upon-Tweed
- The Laurels Care Home in Hetton-le-Hole
- Waverly Lodge Care Home in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- East Riding Care Home in Morpeth
- Willow Lodge Care Home in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Roseworth Lodge Care Home in Stockton-on-Tees
- Rydal Care Home in Darlington
- Warrior Care Home in Hartlepool
The newly qualified CHAPs are now able to provide some general nursing duties such as medication rounds. This benefits the home as it enables the nurse to deal with more complex issues.
Date published: 15 September 2017
Share this article: