On Tuesday 24th May, Lawn Park Care Home in Sutton in Ashfield celebrated some of the team member’s dedication to the job.
The home celebrated 11 team members long service, which between them is approximately 185 years of experience in the care sector.
Rosalind Kennedy-Brown, HM, said: "Maintaining consistency for our residents is vital. Here at Lawn Park we work hard to get to know our residents, but it's just as important for them to get to know us.
"I'm proud to be part of a team that is dedicated to serving our residents. We've all been here for a long time, and here's to many more years to come."
Mike O’Reilly, Risk Management Director from Four Seasons presented the staff with their awards. He said: “It’s fantastic for me to come here, to this lovely environment and present the team with their awards. The team here are a real inspiration, I can see today just how much of a positive impact you’ve had on the residents in your care, and their relatives.”
The 11 team members commended for their long service were:
- Joyce Sales, Domestic – 29 years’ service
- Rosalind Kennedy-Brown, Home Manager – 28 years’ service
- Ann Brunt, Domestic – 17 years’ service
- Joanne Barlow, Administrator – 17 years’ service
- Jane Swain, Housekeeper – 17 years’ service
- Sharon Smith, Laundrey Assistant – 15 years’ service
- Teresa Lake, Senior Care Assistant – 14 years’ service
- Lianne Else, Relief Senior Care Assistant – 13 years’ service
- Maria Garma, Registered General Nurse – 12 years’ service
- Reggie Sevesa, Registered General Nurse – 12 years’ service
- Bascilica Justol, Registered General Nurse – 11 years’ service
The event was also the opportunity for another type of celebration.
Rosalind Kennedy-Brown, explains: “A couple of months ago part of the home was destroyed by a small fire. Everyone in the home, including members of the team who were off, came in and helped to deal with the aftermath.
“However, three members of the team had to deal with the enormity of the issue when the fire was first discovered. They dealt with this emergency in a very professional manner, and it’s my honour to present those three team members with a Recognition of Care and Kindness (ROCK) award. Well done guys! I’m very proud of you.”
Date published: 15 September 2017