Four Seasons Care Homes across the UK pulled out all of the stops to celebrate National Care Home Open Day.
Events varied from home to home, but they included an Alice in Wonderland inspired Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, animal inspired fun with domestic and more exotic animals coming in to celebrate with the residents, to a right royal birthday bash, as the homes embraced the theme of celebration.
Here at Four Seasons, we’ve been celebrating all of our residents turning 90 this year as part of Care Home Open Day. The residents shared their stories with us. Find out what our residents had to say here: ‘Residents celebrate turning 90 by sharing their stories with us’.
Tim Hammond, CEO at Four Seasons, said: “Care Home Open Day is a UK wide initiative inviting care homes to open their doors to their local communities. Our homes across the country held a variety of events creating lasting links between the residents and their local community.
“Care Home Open Day is all about showing people what care homes are really about and how they can be at the centre of the local community, developing relationships across the generations.
“All of the people in our homes have different personalities, so it’s been nice to see how these personalities were reflected in the events that were held. The important part is that everyone had a fantastic day. I can’t wait to see what the homes have planned next year.”
Some of our homes wanted to share their events with you. Click on the homes below to find out more:
- Elswick Hall Care Home in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Woodcot Lodge Care Home in Gosport
- Havencourt Care Home in Stonehaven
- Dounemount Care Home in Macduff
- Holbeche House Care Home in Kingswinford
- Heywood Court Care Home in Heywood
- Ladymead Care Home in Swindon
- Hemsworth Park Care Home in Pontefract
- Haddon House Care Home in Ilkeston
- Lunardi Court Care Home in Cupar
- Laurels Lodge Care Home in Woodside
- Bishopsmead Lodge Care Home in Bristol
- Laganvale Care Home in Moira
- Triangle Care Home in Wheatley
- Northlea Court Care Home in Cramlington
- Middleton Hall Care Home in Uphall
- Flower Park Care Home in Doncaster
- Longfield Care Home in Eglinton
- Woodview Care Home in Lincoln
- Brimington Care Home in Chesterfield
- Lydfords Care Home in Lewes
- The Oaks and Little Oaks in Newark
- Marlborough Court Care Home in Thamesmead
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale
- Ringshill Care Home in Huntingdon
- Henderson House Care Home in Dalgety Bay
- The Cedars & Larches Care Home in Ilkeston
- Laburnum Care Home in Salford
To see what else our care homes have been up to visit their web page.
Date published: 15 September 2017
Share this article: