It’s not every day you can celebrate 108 years of experience in the care sector. A special event at The Laurels Care Home in Hetton-le-hole did just that on Thursday 14th July 2016.
Helen Bell, Home Manager presented the six team members with their Long Service Certificates and gifts as a thank you for their continued dedication and hard work.
Helen Bell said: “It was a pleasure presenting the team with their awards. I want to say massive congratulations to them all for their continued dedication and hard work. They’re all thought of very highly here in The Laurels by the rest of the team, the residents and the relatives. Not every home can boast of so much experience under one roof and I’m very proud of each and every one of them.”
The team members receiving Long Service Awards were:
- Dora Jarvis, Care Assistant – 24 years’ service
- Alice Wood, Kitchen Assistant – 23 years’ service
- Louise Harrison, Senior Nursing Care Assistant – 19 years’ service
- Carol Winter, Care Assistant – 19 years’ service
- Margaret Hudson, Housekeeping (Laundry) – 12 years’ service
- Ashley Clough, Care Assistant – 11 years’ service
Date published: 15 September 2017