Royal award for Cyd’s contribution to nursing
At the start of the year, Cyd Akerill, Resident Experience Support Manager was awarded an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) by Her Majesty the Queen for her contribution to nursing.
Back in March, Cyd travelled to Buckingham Palace to receive her award. She told us this about her day.
“I was very honoured and humbled to receive my award. Meeting the Queen is a memory I hope I never lose. The day itself was lovely, I can’t even begin to describe it. All the staff at the palace made the day extra special, and treated everyone like it was their first investiture they’ve ever had. I had a lovely day and it’s an honour to receive this award.”
Everyone at Four Seasons congratulates you on you award Cyd!
16 Dec 2017
May Duncan said “this is great”! as she danced the birdie song.
Other relatives such as Lorna Graham and Irene Sivewright commented on how good the show was.
The headline acts included:
- Linda Mason (Deputy Manager) and Lynn Smith (Home Administrator) - ABBA
- Morag Leslie (SNCA) & Jenny Watt (Care Assistant) – as Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
- Nomeda Jackstienne (Cook) as Madonna
- Jolanta Nieckarz as Lady Gaga
- Marlene Smith (PAL) dressed up as Chicken
- Sheila Gesma (Home Manager) as the DJ
16 Dec 2017
15 Dec 2017
14 Dec 2017