A group of Activity Coordinators from the Derbyshire region have reached Level 2 in delivering Chair-Based Exercise after taking part in a course organised by Age UK Derbyshire.
The contact with Age UK was initiated by Kilburn Care Home and Age UK representatives worked with the Activity Coordinators to deliver the course, which forms part of the Falls Reduction Award Scheme.
Benefits of this activity can include:
• Improve physical activity
• Reduce risk of hip fractures
• Improve strength and balance
• Increase awareness of factors contributing to falls
• Improve confidence
• Increase independence and quality of life
Share this article: