Omne Trium Perfectum…is the Latin phrase for everything that comes in three is perfect.
This phrase certainly resonates with Carol Cousins, Managing Director of Four Seasons Health Care in Northern Ireland. On Thursday 8th June 2017, Carol leads colleagues in her region to three separate prestigious award events on the very same night!
These awards include:
- The annual Northern Ireland Royal College of Nursing Awards taking place at the Culldoen Hotel
- The annual Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards taking place at the Titanic Belfast
- The first annual Staff Nursing Awards taking place at the Stormont Hotel
In total, Carol and colleagues from Northern Ireland are finalists in a whopping 14 categories across the three award events.
At the Royal College of Nursing Awards Four Seasons Health Care is up for two awards.Regional Manager (and reigning British Nutritional Nurse of the Year)
- Alana Irvine is a finalist in the category of Nurse of the Year
- Research Coordinator Dr Gary Mitchell is a finalist in the category of Nurse Researcher of the Year
A short distance away, Four Seasons Health Care is also up for four awards at the ‘Irish News Workplace Employment Awards’. These awards, open to all industries, recognise and celebrate the achievements of progressive and leading businesses in Northern Ireland.
Four Seasons Health Care has been named as a finalist in the categories of:
- Employer for the Future
- Team of the Year
- Workplace Excellence
- and the main award of the night: Best Place to Work!
The inaugural ‘Staff Nursing Awards’ take place just outside Belfast in the historic Stormont Hotel and seeks to acknowledge and reward best practice in residential and nursing care within Northern Ireland. Four Seasons Health Care are the front-runners with 8 nominations across the 11 categories.
- Bangor Care Home are finalists in the category of ‘Advancement in Nutritional Wellbeing’.
- Florence Nightingale Scholar and OSCE Lead Ann Geraghty is a finalist in the ‘Investment in Training Category’.
- Four Seasons Health Care 2016 Regional Manager of the Year Lorraine Kirkpatrick is a finalist in the ‘Innovation and Clinical Excellence category’.
- Resident Experience Care Specialist Monica Diamond is a finalist in ‘Inspirational Achievements in Dementia’ category.
- Northern Ireland Regional Values Champion of the Year and Senior Care Assistant, Evelyn McKeown from Seapatrick Care Home is a finalist in the ‘Senior Health Care Assistant of the Year’ category.
- Student Nursing Times Student Nurse of the Year Nominee and Care Assistant Stacey Finlay from Domnall Intermediate Care Centre is a finalist in the ‘Health Care Assistant of the Year’ category.
- Domnall Intermediate Care Centre is a finalist in the ‘Nursing Home of the Year’ category.
- Finally, the Northern Ireland region of Four Seasons Health Care is a finalist in the ‘Innovation in Dementia Care’ category.
These achievements are quite unprecedented within the sector and illustrate the dedication that Carol and her team have to delivering special resident experiences within Northern Ireland.
Good Luck to the Four Seasons Health Care NI region on Thursday! If you’re a Twitter user please follow the hashtag #FSHCNI for the latest updates on the night.
Alternatively you can follow our Nurse Twitter Account @FSHCNurses who will be providing live updates across the three venues!
Date published: 15 September 2017
Share this article: