On average, care homes spend almost a fifth of their annual budget on utilities. We want to raise awareness of these costs and help support our homes to implement simple measures that will reduce consumption and achieve savings.
We are therefore looking for volunteers to become Four Seasons Eco Ninjas, who will lead the drive within homes to reduce consumption and make our homes more efficient.
Who can become an Eco Ninja?
Anybody who is interested! The role would suit somebody who is:
• Enthusiastic about sustainability and the environment
• Happy to promote behavioural change actions amongst their colleagues
• Able to attend a short training webinar
What will an Eco Ninja be required to do?
Eco Ninjas will act as a two-way communication point between your home and the Estates team, helping to drive behavioural change, promote environmental and sustainability improvements and best practice across FSHC.
Eco Ninjas will be empowered to get involved in running initiatives that can positively impact on a care home’s carbon emissions. Much of the Ninja’ role will involve encouraging colleagues to make small changes to help reduce waste and save money. They will also be part of a network of Ninjas across FSHC care homes.
Examples of how Eco Ninjas can make a difference
There are number of easy and simple actions that the Ninja can help their colleagues to do:
• Switch off lights when they come across an empty room
• Ensure the air conditioning is set at the correct temperature
• Report any leaking taps and toilets
• Turn the radiator down instead of opening window when the room gets too hot
• Switch lights off when there is plenty of natural daylight
• Ensure external lights are switched off during daylight
The above are only examples. They are many more ‘no cost, low effort' measures the Ninja can do to make a positive impact on the environment, and we are sure our Eco Ninjas will come up with many more ideas!
If you or one of your team is interested in becoming an Eco Ninja, please contact Kawun Williams on email@example.com or on 07896 110895.
Share this article: