Welcome to Woodgrove Care Home
Woodgrove is a purpose-built care home, in a quiet suburb of Lisburn, County Armagh. We cater for elderly people based on their individual needs, and on promoting health and independence.
Some residents have only modest care requirements and may simply enjoy living within a secure environment; many others require 24-hour nursing assistance. We always involve residents, and their families, in decisions regarding their care.
We're situated within easy reach of shops (including Sprucefield Shopping Centre), Lisburn town centre, public transport, the M1 motorway, and other amenities.
We have both single bedrooms, and ones large enough for sharing with a companion.
Life at Woodgrove Care Home
Our in-house activities coordinator ensures all residents have something stimulating and enjoyable to look forward to every day. Activities include bingo, reminiscence sessions, carpet bowls, quizzes, music therapy, armchair aerobics and memory games.
Weather permitting, we organise regular trips to local attractions like Hillsborough Castle and Gardens, and during Christmas we take residents to see the lights around Belfast City Hall. We also arrange events during special occasions like St Patrick's Day, 12th of July, Halloween and Christmas.
Local entertainers visit to perform for residents and their relatives. The nearby church visits every other week to give a service, and ministers from different faiths attend residents.
The care, kindness and support is exceptional.
The care and attention given is brilliant.
Thanks for planning the special celebration for my grans 104th birthday!
My mum was looked after very well by efficient and dedicated staff.
Types of care
Facilities & services
Making care special is at the heart of Woodgrove Care Home in Lisburn. Our philosophy starts with getting to know each person as an individual and understanding what they need.
- On site hairdressing
- TV lounge
- Landscaped gardens
- Flat screen TV in lounge
- Personal telephone
23 Jun 2017
Friday 16th June marked Care Home Open Day, a day that actively encourages people in the local community to pop into their local care home and find out what’s going on.
The theme for this year’s open day was friendship, and Four Seasons homes and their local community certainly forged some long lasting friendships with their local communities through a variety of different events.
The events included:
- The Prince’s Trust heading into Kingsmead Care Home in Swindon sprucing up the garden
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Port welcomed in local school children and councillors for a fun filled afternoon
- A Jazz band kept everyone entertained in Pontypridd at Ty Gwynno Care Home
- It was a more sleepy affair at Whittington Care Home in Chesterfield as the team turned up for work in the PJs before having lots of fun with residents, relatives and visitors to the home
- Music and dancing was definitely on the cards for many of our homes as Benarty View Care Home in Kelty, Gotton Manor Care Home in Taunton, Benholm Care Home in Forfar and Laurels Lodge Care Home in Woodside, all had musical entertainment (and an assortment of other activities) for their guests
- Campsie View Care Home in Glasgow had their own petting zoo for everyone to enjoy
- The Laurels Care Home in Hetton-le-Hole held a country and western themed day which everyone thoroughly enjoyed
- Jazz was the music of choice at The Cedars and Larches Care Home in Ilkeston’s festivities.
- Redwell Hills Care Home in Consett, remembered the friends they’d sadly lost and released some balloons with messages in their honour.
The photos you can see above are just a snap shot of what happened at our homes during Care Home Open Day. It’s great to see from the pictures that everyone had lots of fun.
12 Jun 2017
12th-18th June marks Carers Week, and here at Four Seasons Health Care we wanted to say thank you to the thousands of carers in our homes who regularly make a difference to the lives of our residents and their families.
In 2016 at the Four Seasons Care Awards, colleagues, residents, families and health care professionals identified the cream of the crop. However, over the past 18 months, positive praise has continued to arrive commending the care and kindness shown by our carers from across the organisation.
Watch this space to see if you can see your favourite carer on our website and social media pages.
You are our heroes of the week. Well done everyone!
19 Nov 2016
Woodgrove Care Home in Lisburn held its biggest Halloween bash to date. It was even attended by the Princess of Arrendale, Disney’s Frozen Princess Anna. She was indeed frozen!
Leah Waddell, Home Manager, said: “Everyone enjoyed getting in the Halloween spirit. We had lots of fun and games although no-one figured out how to thaw Princess Anna. We’re all looking forward to next Halloween, although it’ll be interesting to see if Queen Elsa attends our Christmas activities.”
Contact our care home
If you'd like to arrange a visit to Woodgrove Care Home in Lisburn, or talk to us about our care options, please call, email, or fill in the contact form.
Care home manager: Cherith Douglas
67 Hillsborough Road, Lisburn, BT28 1JN
028 926 07 302
028 926 61 835