Welcome to Hilltop Manor Care Home
You'll find Hilltop Manor Care Home near to Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
Here our trained nurses, senior care assistants and care assistants provide excellent 24-hour care. We offer different levels of care to suit a range of needs, including nursing, palliative care, shorter term intermediate care, respite and post-operative care.
Ours is a purpose-built care home in an elevated position. We're in easy reach of shops and other amenities, with excellent public transport to all parts of Stoke-on-Trent.
We have mature landscaped gardens with furnished patio areas where residents can enjoy the fresh air.
On our two floors there are ample lounges and dining rooms. All bedrooms have TVs, and great safety systems.
Most have en-suites, and many on the ground floor have patio doors leading out on to the garden. We love residents to personalise these spaces, and to choose their own colour schemes to make them feel more homely.
Life at Hilltop Manor Care Home
Our dedicated activities coordinator ensures all living here have something stimulating and enjoyable to look forward to. They encourage individual hobbies and interests, and also make sure there are plenty of group activities too.
Our varied programme includes handicrafts, gardening, quizzes, movement to music, bingo, concerts and board games. We run trips on an individual basis, and residents regularly enjoy group outings to local shops in our own minibus.
We also celebrate at least one special seasonal event a month, such as St George's Day, Easter, Burns Night, Mother's Day and Wimbledon.
The activities co-ordinators at Hilltop are creative and very thoughtful.
We as a family are kept well informed and included in all aspects of my mothers care.
Care at Hilltop is excellent.
Types of care
Someone may need nursing care if they have a certain physical condition or difficulties. This...
Respite care, or short-stay care, means someone can stay at Hilltop Manor Care Home...
End of life / palliative care
It's vital that everyone gets the right care and support at this important and sensitive time....
Also known as "step-up, step-down", or rehabilitation care, intermediate care offers an alternative...
Facilities & services
Making care special is at the heart of Hilltop Manor Care Home in Tunstall. Our philosophy starts with getting to know each person as an individual and understanding what they need.
- All single rooms
- On site hairdressing
- Quiet lounge
- TV lounge
- Landscaped gardens
- Sensory gardens
- Flat screen TV in lounge
- Personal telephone
21 Mar 2017
Four Seasons Health Care were well represented at the finals of the British Journal of Nursing Awards earlier this month with four colleagues flying the flag for the organisation.
Gary Cousins was a runner up in the Infection Control and Prevention Nurse category, Colin Sheeran was a runner up in the Mental Health Nurse of the Year category and Joanne Strain was a runner up in the British Nurse of the Year category.
However, further plaudits need to be given to Alana Irvine who was crowned the Nutritional Nurse of the Year, after being nominated by colleagues for her continued commitment to residents’ nutrition.
Alana has been part of the driving force behind Four Seasons nutrition innovations to meet the varying needs of the people in our care. We are able to monitor residents’ nutritional needs, with technology that flags up weight loss, whether a resident has difficulty swallowing or needs assistance when eating or drinking to the care team.
Nutrition is something we take very seriously here at Four Seasons and Alana’s win recognises all of the hard work done across the board in this area.
5 Nov 2016
Hilltop Manor Care Home in Tunstall transformed into an art studio as residents welcomed the Beth Johnson Foundation in for an Art Therapy session.
Kathleen Barcroft, Home Manager, said: “14 of our residents became budding artists during the session and had a lovely time. Once the painting and more importantly the drying was out of the way, the Beth Johnson Foundation asked us if they could take the paintings away to be judged by their chairman – as part of their on-going art competition.
“Naturally, our residents were delighted to enter into a competition. A week or so later we got the results with two of our residents, Dorothy Poyser and Ida Pate coming securing first and second place respectively.
“To commend the residents for their hard work, the Beth Johnson Foundation framed the winning pictures and presented them back to the residents. They also donated money to the residents’ fund and provided some items for our residents to ease stress and relax.”
Are you looking for a care home in Stoke-on-Trent? Hilltop Manor Care Home offers support for all types of care including, nursing care, respite care, end of life/palliative care and intermediate care.
17 Jun 2016
Today, Friday 17th June marks Care Home Day, an opportunity for Care Homes across the UK to open their doors to the local community. The theme for this year is celebration, with the biggest celebration of the year being the Queen’s 90th birthday.
“With this is mind we wanted to celebrate everyone turning 90 this year,” said CEO Tim Hammond. “We have over 680 residents celebrating their 90th birthday throughout the year, and I want to wish them all many happy returns.
“As part of our celebrations, we’ve had a chat with some of our residents and they in turn wanted to share their stories with you, showing how much things have changed over the last 90 years. Some of the stories are very interesting and I’d urge everyone to go and have a read of them.”
The 41 residents below all wanted to share a bit about themselves with you. They’ve also shared any memories they have of the Queen, with some having some interesting recollections.
- Asbourne Care Home in Dudley presents Edith Bennett
- Barrington Lodge Care Home in Bishop Auckland presents Malcolm Gregory
- Brandon Lodge Care Home in Brandon presents Marie Wilson
- Beechcare Care Home in Darrenth presents Catherine Papa
- Beechill Care Home in Belfast presents Betty Thompson
- Beech House Care Home in Barnton Upon Humber presents Emily Bramley
- Cardonald Care Home in Glasgow presents Lammigje McKinney
- Carnalea Care Home in Bangor presents Joan Leslie
- Chasedale Care Home in Blyth presents Robert Anderson
- Courtenay House Care Home in Kings Lynn presents Arthur John Fox
- Earlsferry House Care Home in Leven presents Alison McKay
- Gotton Manor Care Home in Taunton presents Doris Cronk
- Half Acre House Care Home in Radcliffe presents Eileen Christian
- Highfield Hall Care Home in Rossendale presents Frank West
- Hillside Lodge Care Home in Berwick Upon Tweed presents Ellen Patterson
- Hillside Lodge Care Home in Berwick Upon Tweed presents Jimmy Lowry
- Hilltop Manor Care Home in Tunstall presents Joyce Bloor
- Hollie Hill Care Home in County Durham presents Elizabeth Irving
- Hopes Green Care Home in Benfleet presents Gwendoline Stratford
- Ladymead Care Home in Swindon presents Iris Higgins
- Ladymead Care Home in Swindon presents Joan Keates
- Laurels Lodge Care Home in Aberdeen presents Elizabeth Mair
- Lisburn Care Home in County Antrim presents Letitia Mullholland
- Lydfords Care Home in Lewes presents Enid Shrimpton
- Lydfords Care Home in Lewes presents Evelyn Bannister
- Maple Lodge Care Home in Sunderland presents Alan Clark
- Maple Lodge Care Home in Sunderland presents Jane Naisby
- Millbrow Care Home in Widnes presents Francis Gee
- Park Farm Lodge Care Home in Tamworth presents Joan Halsall
- Park House Care Home in Northants present Edgar Boniface
- Pond Park Care Home in Lisburn present Raymond Lorimer
- The Cedars & Larches Care Home in Ilkeston presents Eva Harper
- The Cedars & Larches Care Home in Ilkeston presents Eva Weston
- The Court Care Home in Ballymoney presents Daniel Kane
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Doreen Watkins
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Jean McKears
- The Rookery Care Home in Ebbw Vale presents Peggy Evans
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Ivor Coles
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Ivy James
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Porth presents Nancy Noble
- Woodcot Lodge Care Home in Gosport presents Joan Matthews
Contact our care home
If you'd like to arrange a visit to Hilltop Manor Care Home in Tunstall, or talk to us about our care options, please call, email, or fill in the contact form.
Care home manager: Kathleen Barcroft
Clement Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 6JN