Our Fees Explained
Every day the teams in our care homes across the country meet hundreds of families and individuals looking for care. We understand how this can be an emotional time and knowing the cost of a potential care home and any funding you are entitled to early in the process can help. As such we are now publishing indicative prices for our homes and have provided a guide to fees and funding.
Please be aware that the indicative fees set out are and for general guidance and assistance for self-funded residents only (those paying for their own care).
The final fee is dependent upon an individual’s requirements and needs, as identified during the pre-admission assessment, the length of stay and the size and facilities of the room chosen. This will be discussed and agreed prior to moving into the Home as will arrangements for paying the Weekly Fee.
Our Terms and Conditions can be found here.
We are always happy to assist with any general enquiries you may have in relation to your fees. You may be entitled to assistance with care home fees. Please contact us to discuss your specific care needs and to gain a better understanding of our fees.
What does the Weekly Fee include?
Twenty-four hour care and support services within the homes which reflect your needs and wants and wishes and include:
- On-going care reviews
- Nursing Care – for higher level dependency nursing
- Personal Care – such as help with dressing, eating, bathing and mobility, provided by a carer
Accommodation that includes:
- Your bedroom and access to all facilities
- All your meals (including any reasonable dietary requirements), drinks and snacks
- Laundry (excluding dry cleaning)
- Domestic cleaning services
- Utilities such as WiFi, lighting, heating and hot water (excluding telephone calls)
- Furniture for your room and maintenance of communal furniture, fixtures and fittings in the Home
Full activities programme and routine trips
To make you feel at home we also offer a number of extra treats and services. The following items and services are not covered by the Weekly Fee, but we can arrange for them to be provided to you at a cost. They include:
- Professional hairdressing
- Magazines and Newspapers for personal reading
- Personal purchases such as fresh flowers for your room, stationery, confectionery, alcoholic beverages, particular snacks and toiletries
- Clothing, shoes and slippers
- Dry cleaning
- Installation of private telephone line, internet or cable TV connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, the following may also be provided, but shall be charged in addition to the Weekly Fees:
- Occupational therapy
- Other privately arranged healthcare
- Accompanying residents to outside planned appointments
Our staffing arrangements
The actual level of care that each resident receives in our home will depend on individual care needs (based on their care needs assessment). We use a staffing tool to ensure we have the right number of colleagues with the right balance of skills and experience to provide this individual level of care. As a result the number of colleagues can change periodically to ensure full care is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
All nursing communities are managed by a Registered Nurse, supported by Care Assistants. Our Care Staffing are both male and female and your care may be provided by both.
Working alongside the care team we have a dedicated activities co-ordinator who organises a programme of activities and external events as well as group and one to one activities for all residents to enjoy. Our support team consists of our housekeeping and catering teams as well as maintenance and administration.
In addition, we have a 24 hour call system installed in all our residents’ rooms so that each resident can request support as and when required.
For more details on staffing arrangements, please speak to the Home Manager.