Welcome to Bamford Grange Care Home
You'll find Bamford Grange in the Adswood area of Stockport, Cheshire.
Here we have four dedicated units providing specialist nursing care to people with dementia, and to those with enduring mental-health issues. We look to support residents in living as independently as possible.
Our home is situated close to Cheadle and Davenport, with shops, pubs and GP surgeries all close by. There are bus stops close at hand, and it's just a 10-minute walk to the local train station.
We have car parking at the main entrance and a lovely garden at the back. Each unit has its own lounge and dining area, and bedrooms are spacious singles with en-suites. Each floor offers a choice of bathroom or shower.
Life at Bamford Grange Care Home
Our activities coordinator works with residents and staff on all the units to find out and implement the favourite pastimes, hobbies and entertainment of all those staying here.
Staff are also encouraged to take a more active role in supporting the home's social activities.
I moved here from another care home quite quickly, only allowing time for one visit. I liked what I found. Since moving in, I am happy up to now.
Types of care
People living with dementia have different needs, so either a residential or nursing care home...
Someone may need nursing care if they have a certain physical condition or difficulties. This...
Respite care, or short-stay care, means someone can stay at Bamford Grange Care Home whether...
End of life / palliative care
It's vital that everyone gets the right care and support at this important and sensitive time....
Bamford Grange Care Home also offers specialist help for adults and young people with different...
Facilities & services
Making care special is at the heart of Bamford Grange Care Home in Stockport. Our philosophy starts with getting to know each person as an individual and understanding what they need.
- All ensuite
- All single rooms
- On site hairdressing
- Quiet lounge
- TV lounge
- Landscaped gardens
- Flat screen TV in lounge
24 Jun 2017
Not many people need an excuse for a slice of cake. Residents, relatives and the care team at Bamford Grange Care Home in Stockport celebrated National Cupcake Day in style.
Nicola Hughes, Home Manager, said: “We brought in a selection of cupcakes for everyone to enjoy. Some of the resident s added their own toppings for added effect. All the cake was washed down with a lovely cup of tea.”
Are you looking for a care home in Stockport? Bamford Grange Care Home offers support for all types of care including dementia care, nursing care, respite care, end of life/palliative care and specialist care.
23 Jun 2017
Friday 16th June marked Care Home Open Day, a day that actively encourages people in the local community to pop into their local care home and find out what’s going on.
The theme for this year’s open day was friendship, and Four Seasons homes and their local community certainly forged some long lasting friendships with their local communities through a variety of different events.
The events included:
- The Prince’s Trust heading into Kingsmead Care Home in Swindon sprucing up the garden
- Ty Eirin Care Home in Port welcomed in local school children and councillors for a fun filled afternoon
- A Jazz band kept everyone entertained in Pontypridd at Ty Gwynno Care Home
- It was a more sleepy affair at Whittington Care Home in Chesterfield as the team turned up for work in the PJs before having lots of fun with residents, relatives and visitors to the home
- Music and dancing was definitely on the cards for many of our homes as Benarty View Care Home in Kelty, Gotton Manor Care Home in Taunton, Benholm Care Home in Forfar and Laurels Lodge Care Home in Woodside, all had musical entertainment (and an assortment of other activities) for their guests
- Campsie View Care Home in Glasgow had their own petting zoo for everyone to enjoy
- The Laurels Care Home in Hetton-le-Hole held a country and western themed day which everyone thoroughly enjoyed
- Jazz was the music of choice at The Cedars and Larches Care Home in Ilkeston’s festivities.
- Redwell Hills Care Home in Consett, remembered the friends they’d sadly lost and released some balloons with messages in their honour.
The photos you can see above are just a snap shot of what happened at our homes during Care Home Open Day. It’s great to see from the pictures that everyone had lots of fun.
18 Jun 2017
June 8th marked a special day as droves of people went to the polls to vote in the latest General Election.
Forget Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn and the rest. Residents from Bamford Grange Care Home in Stockport joined their local community to cast their vote and shape the future.
Nicola Hughes, Home Manager, said: “Everyone has the right to vote. The residents took it in turns to visit their polling station to cast their vote and have their say. This just goes to show that life doesn’t stop just because you move into a care home.”
Are you looking for a care home in Stockport? Bamford Grange Care Home offer support for all types of care including dementia care, nursing care, respite care, end of life/palliative care and specialist care.
Contact our care home
If you'd like to arrange a visit to Bamford Grange Care Home in Stockport, or talk to us about our care options, please call, email, or fill in the contact form.
Care Home Manager
239 Adswood Road, Shaw Heath, Stockport, SK3 8PA
0161 477 8269