Our Home to Home Promise
Taking Care To Know You, So Everyone Feels At Home
We believe that feeling looked after is as much about creating a sense of home as it is about providing quality care.
It’s making sure that our residents and relatives have the confidence that we’ll look after them really well, and that means understanding who they are and how we can make them as happy as possible.
We know moving home is an emotional and challenging time at any age, but it can be even more so in later life. That is why we have developed our Home to Home Promise, which starts with our people listening hard to what will make the move as smooth as possible – and to what will quickly make everyone feel at home.
Our Home to Home Promise
Our promise to you clearly sets out our Welcome Standards to help you settle and make the most of your new home.
Before Moving in
- We will give you guidance on how to choose the right care home for you and give details of others who could provide further useful advice
- You and your family and friends will be encouraged and welcomed to spend some time at the home getting to know us
- You can share, not only the type of support you need, but your way of life, your likes and dislikes and what, and who, is important to you
- We will provide advice, such as the practicalities of what to bring with you as well as support for you and your family about what to expect when moving to a care home
- We will help prepare your bedroom with some of your most treasured things before you move in
- You’ll be given a warm welcome and a big smile
- Served with tea, coffee or something else – just as you like it – along with home baked goodies
- Your room will be fully prepared, ready and waiting for you
- Your main Carer will welcome you and introduce you to the home
Your First Day
- Your friends and family will be welcomed to the home to help you settle in and spend as much or as little time with you as you prefer
- We can introduce you to fellow residents, especially those with similar hobbies and interests
- We will invite you to a personal tour of the home so you can find your way around
- You can discuss your food preferences with our Chef
Your First Week
- You will be given the opportunity to review your individual care plan with your main Carer
- You can discuss your hobbies and interests and any new goals you have with our Personal Activities Lead
- We’ll help you with the small stuff, like remembering new names, as well as the bigger things like missing your old home
- You will be asked for feedback to make sure we are doing everything we can for you
- You can meet with the Home Manager and you’ll be encouraged to get involved with making decisions about your care
*Please note that timings may vary. We are not able to offer all these aspects of service for emergency or short term admissions.