On Sunday 12th February 2017, eight members of the care team from Flower Park Care Home in Doncaster braved the adverse weather conditions and completed a sponsored walk all in aid of providing special experiences for those in their care.
The team walked the 10 miles from the home in Denaby to the Boat Inn at Sprotborough. When they made it to the inn, they were met by residents Oscar, Mabel, Betty and Mary who congratulated the team on their success.
Amanda Searle, Home Manager, said: “I’m very proud of what the team achieved with this walk. The weather was so bad we thought we might have to postpone it, but everyone persevered. It paid off, as they raised £300 for the fund and had a lovely meal and hot drink with the four residents.”
Betty said: “Mary and I had a lovely time at the Boat Inn. It was lovely seeing the team all get back in one piece. Even if they did look like they’d been dragged through a hedge backwards.”
Congratulations go to:
- Lynn Brookes – Personal Activities Leader
- Katrina Wood – Care Assistant
- Brit Wells – Care Assistant
- Jane Taylor – Laundry Assistant
- Chris Reynolds – Maintenance Man
- Lesley Banham – Domestic Assistant
- Carol Khalifia – Care Assistant
- Linda Hindley – Care Assistant
Date published: 15 September 2017