Don't know what type of care you need? Let us help.

Below are some descriptions of care terms you may have heard. Please have a read, then feel free to contact the care home manager Teresa Handford here at Ty Hafod Care Home in Capel Llanillterne, to chat through the specific options we have available.

Residential care

This is for those who may need some help with daily activities such as eating, washing, dressing and getting around, or for those who need a more supportive environment if they're more frail.

Nursing care

Someone may need nursing care if they have a certain physical condition or difficulties. This might include those with long-term conditions, those who need rehabilitation, or those with physical disabilities.

End of life / palliative care

It's vital that everyone gets the right care and support at this important and sensitive time. Our caring and compassionate teams can give residents and their families all the time, space and help they need during this difficult period.

Specialist care

Ty Hafod Care Home also offers specialist help for adults and young people with different needs, including:

  • Physical disabilities
  • Neuro disability

"This is a small, homely care home in a beautiful setting, on the outskirts of Cardiff. The staff are like one big family and treat residents with the utmost care, understanding and dignity. From the day my mum arrived there until the day she passed away, I had total confidence in her care."

Mary Gardener, Daughter of Resident/Service User at Ty Hafod Care Home